All's been quiet on the blog front. That's because we've been busy putting together Update 2 for The Indanthrine Prince - and it's one meaty update.
A big thank you needs to go out to AhTravesty and his "Let's Play" video series which has provided us with over 20 hours of ingame footage to pour over and take note from. You can checkout his videos here.
You can download the Update 2 version from:
The MERP Rules Hak and Tlk files have been updated, so you will need to place these files into the required folders. All other Hak requirements are unchanged and should work normally if already installed.
The Quickguide has had a few alterations to reflect some of the changes.
The full changelog for Update 2:
* Added container death script. Chance of destroying a
container also destroying an object in its inventory. See Quickguide
for more detail.
* Added custom AI and tactics to many of the enemies throughout the game.
* Enabled Bloom settings in all areas to boost the visuals. Previously not used.
* New quest added to Act 3. “Ritual” can be undertaken simply by
exploring the Mountains Outskirts area. This quest is a small thank you
to all those who have downloaded and supported us since we started out.
The quest is also designed to be quite challenging and includes a new
monster. Good luck!
* The Draugaur Lair via Mirkwood in Act 2 can
now be completed. The puzzle section has been stripped out and rebuilt
and works perfectly. Promise!
Massive injection of descriptions to the modules itemset, including
changes to the stock NWN2 descriptions as part of our ongoing
customisation and adaptation of D&D to MERP.
* General: Shamblers are now also vulnerable to piercing damage (+25%)
* General: Added a custom spawn script that should assign Ivan the correct Cleric domains (Healing and Protection)
* General: Shadow Eaters no longer cast Ray of Frost and will instead
cast Hypothermia at a spell level one below their character level. All
Shadow Eaters can now Hide in Plain Sight.
* General: Wraiths and Plunder Wraiths have had their attack increased.
* General: The amount of charges held by magic devices has been adjusted here and there.
* General: All dread type undead creatures now have at least one defensive spell.
* General: The Dawn Rock section of the game, as a whole, as been increased in challenge slightly.
* General: A History feat is obtained if you succeed in a particular
ending in the “Boy Becomes a Man” quest, which has relevance in the next
* General: Various incorrectly named areas fixed.
* General: All instances of the Wildlands Cloak (+2) will now render on the character.
* General: Heavy Crossbow base damage has been improved to D12
* Act 1: Thorburn's chest can now be bashed/broken into.
* Act 1: Tidied up some of the cutscene presentation.
* Act 1: Wellcroft will no longer repeat his quest offer once it has been read.
* Act 1: Trap warning signs added around Wellcroft's Field
* Act 1: Voicesets and dialogue added to Guards and Miners.
* Act 1: The Mine will lock during the attack, seeing as we no longer need this area.
* Act 1: Village Hall Cellar – Added an opportunity to put some light on the subject.
* Act 2: Town Hall doors tidied up.
* Act 2: Esgaroth water feature volume reduced.
* Act 2: Esgaroth Workbench placeables not required are no longer selectable.
* Act 2: Esgaroth Jail combat – Challenge increased.
* Act 2: Esgaroth - Dialogue added to those NPCs who previously had none.
* Act 2: Celeduin – Gregoire and Althan dialogue added.
* Act 2: Celeduin – Bandit population has increased.
* Act 2: Tomb of the Fallen: Improvements made to the walkmesh.
* Act 2: Logging Camp – The door bashing sequence has been made more logical.
* Act 2: Mirkwood – Added an encounter.
* Act 2: Enemy challenge increases: Gaurhoth, Draugaur and forms, Unlight Spawn, Yahgul the Seeker.
* Act 2: Increased instances of Silver Ore and Beorning Honeycakes.
* Act 2: Esgaroth – Tidied up some of the doors.
* Act 2: Northman Fort – Tidied up one of the encounters which was firing too early.
* Act 2: Northman Fort – Cell Gate key is no longer your Inn room key!
* Act 2: Northman Fort – Boss encounter cutscene; tidied up some visual effects.
* Act 2: Letter From a Friend quest is now non-repeatable.
* Act 2: Celeduin: Orc encounter outside Riverwatch now fires.
* Act 3: Tower Gate Easterling encounter has been toughened.
* Act 3: Stonekrakes and Broodmaster have a little more bite.
* Act 3: Spirit Warriors toughened up.
* Act 3: Tomb of the Alchemist - Yaban Warriors, Scrivener, Risen Alchemists, The Second – Various adjustments.
* Act 3: Yaban Battle – Orb hitpoints increased, Yaban will join the battle sooner then he did previously.
* Act 3: Tomb of the Trickster – The dummy levers have a more difficult reflex save.
* Act 3: Tomb of the Trickster – Floating doors and unwanted useable objects removed.
* Act 3: Tomb of the Trickster – Illusory chests now have descriptions,
Brigand toughened up, Gondorian Ghosts now have dialogue.
* Act 3: Katun Battle – Additional opponents added, Katun will join the battle sooner.
* Act 3: Shambling Mass Battle – Creature now has ranged attacks, increased attack, damage and hitpoints. Corpses repositioned.
* Act 3: Tower Pinnacle Battle – Increased number of opponents (over time).
* Act 3: Red Mountain Outskirts – Added additional encounters, existing ones have been toughened up.
* Act 3: Gwadegul melee abilities improved.
* Act 3: Forgeborn damage reductions increased, creature weapons toughened up. Now drops a creature guide.
* Act 3: Dawn Rock tunnels – Encounter added
* Act 3: Final Battle – Much of this sequence has been completely
redone to make it more interesting and challenging. Hope we have
I hope the end result is a vastly more polished module for you to enjoy. Some of the changes help to set things up nicely for the upcoming campaign, which, if you haven't had a snoop at the quickguide already (or the changes to the ending of IP U2), is named The Umbral Abyss.
To finish up, here's a few shots of The Indanthrine Prince (U2) to get you in the mood. Some of the adjustments to area visuals are on display.
And now it's back to work on The Umbral Abyss. Watch this space.